Tuesday 8 November 2016

The Social Organization book




As you may know I originally started up this blog to boost sales of my last book, Strategic Human Capital Management: Creating Value for People, and managing people for human capital remains a regular feature of the blog. However I've increasingly been posting on social capital as well, and this will now form the basis for my next book.
This book is going to be called The Social Organization and will be published by Kogan Page in June 2018.

This book will in many ways build upon the last one, suggesting that we need to be clear about the outcomes we are focusing on creating, and than increasingly these outcomes need to focus on social as well as human capital.

Once companies are clear about the social outcomes they want to create, they can then identify the relevant activities, both real and digital, which will best lead to these outcomes. Most of the book focuses on describing these activities:
  • Job, group and organisation design
  • Workplace design
  • People management
  • Team and community facilitation
  • Organisation development
  • Digital / social technology strategy
  • Leadership development.

I'll share more details about the book next year once I've got a bit more time -

  • Consulting   Research  Speaking  Training  Writing
  • Strategy  - Talent - Engagement  - Change and OD 
  • Contact me to create more value for your business
  • jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)