Wednesday 23 July 2008

HR crunch: Gulf banking sector

 

   
   I'm seeing more and more about the talent crunch, at the same time as the economic one seems to be biting deeper.

Particularly in the usual places - China and the UAE.  This is from Monday's FT:

"While US and European banks are shedding tens of thousands to shore up earnings, Gulf banks face a crisis of a different sort - an acute lack of human resources.

Stories abound of entire trading desks in Dubai being lured away by competitors offering two-year guaranteed bonuses. According to one asset manager, the average time spent at a financial institution in the emirate is less than a year. "

I'm back in Dubai and Abu Dhabi towards the end of August, anyone who wants to meet me there, please do get in touch at:  info [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com - or call me on +44 7904 185 134 / skype strategic-hcm.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jon - I read with interest your comments on the situation in Dubai. My organization, RIT in New York is starting some educational initiatives there soon and I wonder if you have any contact with anyone from here.
    Best, Steve Boese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, no sorry, not yet. I'd be very happy to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice paradox to have - scarcity of manpower

    Regards

    Ashish Ahuja
    A Roaming Blogger and a CA

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)