Thursday 6 December 2007

What if your competitors stole your people management strategy?

In my last post, I stated that InfoHRM's capabilities, and the great case studies described at the conference illustrate beyond doubt just how powerful HCM analytics can be.


However, I still believe that a good HCM strategy has to come first.


In fact, my main take-away from the conference was something said by one participant right at the end of the conference. In response to my keynote, he said he was going to go back and make his strategy more creative. He sometimes wondered, he said, whether it would matter at all, if his organisation’s competitors got their hands on his people management strategy.


I thought it was a great question, and I’m a firm believer that the answer must be that it should. To drive business outcomes, people management strategies need to be differentiated and focused on the particular context of the organisation to which they apply.


In fact, this is going to be one of my ‘key beliefs’ that I will post on later on…


2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, Jon, how much I'm enjoying your blog. The Value Triangle elucidates perfectly what I've been struggling to explain to clients for years.

    And this post suggests the elevator-pitch for Human Capital Management: Is your people-management strategy worth stealing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan, thanks for your update. I'm glad the blog is working for you. Jon.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)